Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why try to fool everyone?

From time to time, it is necessary for us to ban a member. We do not take this task lightly. We try working with the member before any formal banning takes place. There are warning and messages used to communicate the problem.

For the most part, when a member is banned, they may be upset, but they also can see our view. I try to follow up with members who have been banned with an email some time after the banning.

However, we do get a few members who resist their banning or want to make a mockery out of it.

So, they go in an re-register for Spine-Health using a different member name. Due to conditions we set around IP and email addresses, many people can not do this. But there are few that find ways. Some will register using 5 or more member names and start to harass others.

We had one member a couple of years ago that after they were banned, came back as a different person, using over 15 different member names, IP address, email addresses over a course of 3 months. They wanted to come back and let everyone know how badly they were treated, or just to start posting again.

One thing people forget, the sytle of posting is similar to fingerprints. There is a certain pattern that is easy to pick up.
So while they may try to fool others, the colors shine out.

I guess the reason for this thread was tell people that IF they are banned, they should know exactly WHY they were being banned and WHEN they are banned, dont try to fool people by coming back.

My team would rather spend time working with a member who violated rules and figure how to get them back on track.

Its easier to keep a member online, then to go through the process of banning someone.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com