Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can't determine if my pain is L5/S1 disc herniation or Sacroilliac Joint Trouble

Center1CCenter1 Posts: 33
edited 09/28/2014 - 5:29 AM in Spinal Injections
Has anyone gone through the diagnosis of this? My pain is in my tailbone, upper back of thighs, butt bones and left hip. All symptoms of SI joint problems. However, my bone scan came back with no inflammation in the SI joint. The doc says that we can say with 100% certainty that it is not SI related. I'm not so convinced. I've been given wrong information so many times by doctors, it's unreal. Anyway, I also have an L5/S1 herniation but the doc says this is not the source of my pain (again, skeptical). The bottom line is that he says he doesn't know what my problem is but suspects that "something happened" during my twin pregnancy two years ago when the hips expanded. So I'm desperate to find out what the problem is. EDITED Nobody can tell me what the problem is. I had two radiofrequency ablations in the spring that removed 100% of my pain but only lasted for 2 and 4 weeks. I had another RA two weeks ago and it only helped minimally, very minimally. So I'm confused by that too. I was so convinced that it is SI joint and now I'm confused. Has anyone else here been through the diagnostic process with this type of pain and how did you find out what it is?

• of the spine ? If those relieved 100% of your pain, then that would be the area that would be causing your pain I would suspect.
    What kind of doctors are you seeing? If you disagree with the findings of your doctor, then perhaps consulting with another might be the best idea to see what they suggest and recommend.