Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Questions

hurstchhurstc Posts: 4
edited 09/30/2014 - 9:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I am a veteran reling on the VA healthcare system, my faith in them is somewhat questionable. I started going to VA in Aug 2012 for extreme arm/back pain, after 2nd visit to ER they finally did MRI and showed a herniated disk @ C5-C6 and would order a neuro consult. I ended up having an emergency ACDF of that disk at a local non VA hospital in October 2012 because I could barely walk, entire abdominal area numb etc. the VA finally called in Dec 2012 to finally that neuro visit, bait too late.

Fall of 2013 started experiencing same issues not as severe, finally had had my MRI last week. I have already tried PT and all the normal conservative measures. Once again the VA seems to have downplayed the situation and the only referral has been to Physical Medicine and Rehab. I just got a second opinion reading of that MRI and have listed it below.

Your thoughts, opinions, laymen terms, and stories would be greatly appreciated.

2-C3 is normal.

At the C3-C4 level, there is a central disc bulge or early protrusion resulting in thecal sac effacement without cord displacement or compression and the neuroforamen are broadly patent.

At C4-C5, there is minimal annulus bulging resulting in thecal sac effacement without spinal canal or neuroforaminal stenosis. There is no cord displacement or compression.

There is no residual disc space at C5-C6 and no significant effacement in the thecal sac. There is some relative bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing right greater than left when compared to the other levels.

At the C6-C7 level, there is an acquired spinal stenosis secondary to a broad-based disc protrusion with a right paracentral herniated component. This herniated disc measures 9 mm of superior-inferiorand effacement of thecal sac 5 mm anterior-posterior and is 1.3 cm in transverse diameter extending into the right neuroforamen. There is bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis severe on the right andmoderate to severe on the left. There is cord displacement without definite compression. There is still subarachnoid space seen posteriorly.

C7-T1 is remarkable for minimal central annulus bulging of uncertain significance without significant thecal sac effacement or spinal canal or neuroforaminal stenosis.

Again, thank you for taking the time to read this and share with me your thoughts.

Spine-Health Moderator Response

No one on this site is medical qualified to provide input on MRI Images or Reports. That information has to come from your doctor.
It is a forum violation to Ask or Give information regarding diagnostic testing.