Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats wrong with me? Constant back pain for 5 years now.

Holy SmokesHHoly Smokes Posts: 3
edited 09/30/2014 - 9:57 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello, I am new here and thanks for the info I have been reading so far. This looks like a great place to gather ideas and opinions to consult with my doctor. Now the story............
I have had back pain for around 5 years. I have to properly throttle activity to reduce my pain. Too much or too little activity and pain gets worse. I am currently treating with cannabis. I was on Norco for 4 years and got tired of dealing with the constant cycles of addiction. My body is so sensitive I recently seen a dentist and experienced withdrawals from the Tylenol 3 he gave me, and I been clean of opiates for about 8 months before that.
The pain started in mid back. felt like someone stretched my spine and dropped in a pebble then put me back together. As I worked it felt like a constant grinding. Also experienced lots of muscle ache/pain/fatigue in that area. I pursued that with my doctor and eventually had Radio Frequency Ablation to burn facet nerves at T12, L1, and L2. Much better but not great yet. Continued again to burn the next set of nerves. Again better but not great. Finally my work stopped being cooperative with my pain and I had no choice but to switch to workers compensation. More physical therapy and got the remaining nerves burned. Now it's tough to say anything about the RFA success because my pain is so far spread out and by the time I start to feel better it's time to have the next set burned. At this point I have had every facet joint burned from T12 down to S1 at least once and some twice.
I have different types of pain. 1) is muscle ache/ pain/ fatigue in my mid and lower back. 2) If I do too little or too much the muscle ache will turn into a full spasm. At one appointment my back was in such a tight spasm as the doctor was trying to insert a needle for a diagnostic injection he was sliding me across the table just by trying to insert the needle. 3) If I continue too much or too little I get lots of intense joint pain up and down my back. Muscle ache pain level is a constant 2-4. when spasm hits pain level is 3-5. Once spine inflammation is noticed pain is a constant 5 because at this point you can't push any further. Other possible symptoms may include General fatigue, I do have Osteoarthritis in hips, was getting frequent stress/ tension/ sinus headaches, arms sometimes go numb at night, slightly nervous stomach (3 or more bowel movements a day with the first being normal then they turn more like diarrhea) ..... Any thoughts? Thanks