Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower Back causing Hip/back of Knee Pain?

I hope this is the right place for this. if not please let me konw where a better forum might be.

History: Last year I had some issues with my lower back mainly on my right side. I don’t in all honesty know if they knew what the issue was. One time it would be a little arthritis the next they couldn’t see any. I just know that I had horrible pain mainly on the right that would even radiate into my groin. I had an RFA done that didn’t seem to do anything even though the diagnostic injections seemed to work awesome. So when they did the RFA and it didn’t seem to have any affect I went back in where they decided instead doing a second RFA to do some trigger point injections. Those seemed to have more affect but I still had the pain which has slowly subsided. During this same time I did some physical therapy as well which I continue doing much of that yet to this day only hoping that it will help or is helping.

Fast forward about 14 months. Today I don’t feel much for pain my lower back. In fact, running previous would cause horrible pain and I can have attempted for the first time to try and run a short distance. About 2-3 months ago I would say I have had this pain however in my hip from time to time and this daily pain behind my knee. Some days the hip pain is there some days it is not. The pain behind the knee is there every day but is worse and better depending on the day. I can’t make it hurt worse one day it seems it is completely sporadic. I have had nothing done with this yet and have not yet talked with the dr as I am still trying to pay off the back stuff I had done last year. Maybe next year.

Also earlier this year I thought I would attempt a chiropractor. (generally I have not had much luck with them) He pointed out some bad posture I have and I guess until he took the pictures I didn’t notice and I am trying to fix that currently on my own and through therapy on my own. Chest up, hips in, chin back I tell myself about 20 times a day. I think this has probably helped with some of my spinal issues perhaps but done nothing for the knee/hip pain.

I am wondering what might be causing this pain in my hip and back of knee? Could this be related to my back? Might this be that I am trying to fix years of horrible posture and my body is adjusting? Might the RFA actually have done something and the pack pain I had is being masked by the procedure I had and causing the paing I feel in my right leg?

I am wondering if anyone else has had those or maybe can explain perhaps what is going on? I don’t have much confidence in the dr.’s since I didn’t get a hey this is a sciatic nerve issue or an actual diagnoses and the problem is x. Any help or thoughts would be great.

Thanks for your time and I am open to any thoughts or ideas.