Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Help!! On many meds, need to know which has caused a 40lb weight gain fast! counter acts any p

lalaheckyllalahecky Posts: 1
edited 10/01/2014 - 9:48 AM in Pain Medications
Hello, I am new to the forum, but not at all new to pain, meds, surgery, neuro, you name it. My very urgent question here that has to do with my medicines and which ones caused a sudden 40lb weight gain! Yes, I said 40lbs! I'm just 7 weeks out of my 7th brain & c-spine fusion surgery, so naturally pain meds are a must, but at the same time, extra weight to carry simply counteracts the pain meds. OK this is my current med list, I am 5'9" and was 163lbs, I now weigh 201lbs,
Here goes:
Gabapentin 1600mg daily
Nortriptyline hcl 75mg daily
Ranitidine 300mg daily
Nexium 40mg daily
Oxycontin 40mg daily
oxycodone hcl 20mg daily
Diazepam 15mg daily
cyclobenzaprine 20mg daily
Azelestine nasal spray 2x's daily
flonase nasal spray at night
Flovent diskus every 12 hours
rescue inhaler

Now, I had thought it was simply the Neurontin, but after reading some things, it appears that it could also be the nortriptyline. Please, any and all help is greatly appreciated, I have so many conditions, it would fill the page. Not to mention the brain and cervical fusion surgeries, I have hydrocephalus, rheumatoid andsjogrens syndrome and the list goes on.
Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.