Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just got the diagnosis a month ago.

MarcusHMMarcusH Posts: 10
edited 10/02/2014 - 3:47 AM in Scoliosis
Hello, im a 27 year old student from Sweden who recently got this diagnosis after a catscan.

I had issues with numbness and pain in legs and arms/hands. Dizzyness and poor balance on and off. Since february. Before this I was exhausted easily and also could sleep way passed morning even if I slept 4 hours or 10. So I had this issues for a while. sporadic pain or numbness in random places. I also had some problems with stiff necks and back pain last year but didn't think it was something serious. Also! I was visiting the doctor 2 years ago with similar issues but a lighter version and back then they just told me it is classic migraine and nothing else. Also got Bowel syndrome and migraine to add to this mix.

I just found it very odd that a bad back can make me have pain or numbness or even balance issues since I am dizzy or weak in my legs. I always was thinking MS, reumatism, ALS or similar.

So now they will send me to a physiotherapist cause of this scoliosis and two disks in the back who gotten irritated.

I although have no one to discuss this with and thought I try here since Swedish online communities about things like these are often small and pretty often hard to get into ( I tried to discuss IBS on a Swedish board and no one answered)

Is there any advices one can get? In the average day to make things easier? I noticed that this thing seem to come and g, where I under a few weeks feel as if it just gets worse and worse. Also it usually ends up being okay at morning and bad at evening/night. Doctor proclaimed that the Scoliosis issues one get is based on how much physical work one done, sleep pattern and so on so on.

So well! Any times are welcomed since this been lightly devestating as of yet.