Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New To Site

SherriCliburnSSherriCliburn Posts: 2
edited 10/03/2014 - 2:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All: I have just been introduced to this site and I'm so glad to learn from other's experiences. In May 2012 I suddenly noticed numbness and severe weakness to my left arm. I've been an RN for 23 years, and have been heartbroken as to how quickly I lost my career. I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease & every form of arthritis known to man. I had removal & fusion of C5 & 6 in March 2013. My Dr. Said "it will be another 20 years before you need more surgery." Well, 1 year & 7 months later, I am prepping for C3 & 4 this month. I have a strong family history with these disorders. I am very concerned that my children & grandchildren will also have problems. I can use all the prayers & advice anyone can share.
S Cliburn

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 10/03/2014 - 2:46 AM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 10/09/2014 - 8:54 AM
    I am also fairly new to this site. I have been reading a lot of the posts here & found them very helpful. Although everyone's experience is different, I have heard that if you have a fusion, it will weaken the areas above & below it? I have had 2 surgeries on my neck in one year. The last one was March 2014. My fusion didn't take with the first surgery so he went in thru the back on the second one. I've been to physical therapy but my pain is too much so I'm limited in what the therapist can do. My surgeon finally sent me to a pain doctor. He told me that it's nerve pain that I'm feeling & it probably won't go away. He started me on some different meds. Hopefully they'll give me some relief I understand how you feel about loosing your career. I am (was) a Hospe Aide. I got hurt at work so I'm on temporary disability. My doctor told me that I'll never be able to return to my job. I cried. I've been an Aide for over 30 years. The last 8 years I've worked in Hospice care. I love my job. Sorry this is so long. I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery. Do you have a date for it yet? Keep me posted on how you're doing.