Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Iv'e been fixed beyond repair...

bundybbundy Posts: 61
edited 10/04/2014 - 5:51 AM in Depression and Coping
It was a car crash who's fault? not mine
My life was changed, it damaged my spine
Please don't worry or dispair
Iv'e been fixed beyond repair

So many doctors, x-rays & scans
Far too many for just one man
Where ever i am my pain is there

Four times now under the knife
I was told each time it will change my life
Now full of screws & metal ware

In severe chronic pain all the time
Not a great life but it's mine
Where are the doctors who really do care?

It's dark down here out of sight
So much worse late at night
Even my thoughts are dark when it's just me here

After ten years like this im weak & down
Even to tired to hide my frown
So very sorry to all i hold dear

I don't want pity that is not my plan
Just friendship,understanding & sometimes a helping hand...
By A Martinson 2014
Auckland New Zealand

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 10/04/2014 - 5:52 AM
    You have a way with words.......you did an amazing job giving voice to how you are feeling.....
  • I hope you remember me. I was the one with the non-Union and living in a 10 pain scale for a bit over 3 years. I'm not out of chronic pain. Now PM is looking at a SCS. I'm kind of scared, Never had I ever thought it would come to this. Beautiful poem I can relate.

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • spinebudysspinebudy Posts: 2
    edited 12/19/2014 - 1:30 PM
    I myself fit your poem and had 4 lumbar surgeries 2 fusions one was a revision after being told pain was in my head or i am trying to obtain opiates also 2 herniated disk surgeries which the last one was absolutely needed as my leg was not working it does now but its numb from the knee down and there is hardly any disk left so I am left in horrible pain . I need to find a good surgeon to fuse l5l4 disk space as its bone on bone ouch
  • sandi said:
    You have a way with words.......you did an amazing job giving voice to how you are feeling.....
    Thank you for sharing I'm going to use this at my next pain clinic visit then maybe they can understand my plight!!??