Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi there

I havent posted for a while, I am nearly nine months op, doing ok I still have some lingering nerve pain in my butt, I know it is still early days,my doctor has put my on cambalta as of yesterday, I am on 3g, I feel so nausea today, is this normal,? as I having been reading up about this med on the Internet. It is very had to come off I have read, I don't think I will continue on it the reviews have totally scared me. Has anyone out there had good
results taking this med, for lingering nerve pain thanks

Jen
Tlif L5S1 fusion on the 14th Jan 2014
advertisement

Comments

• Cymbalta has worked very well to decrease nerve pain in my arm. it does have some side effects which generally go away after the first week or two.
    Angi
  • Oh mama for your reply, glad it is helping you, I think I will go off it before I even start, I feel so nausea today, I can't imagine being a week feeling like this, I would fade away to a shadow..........i should give it my best shot , but I'm also scared off the bad withdrawals, but then on the Internet you generally only here the bad, glad it has worked for you how long did it take to kick in and how long have you been on it ?

Thanks again

Jen
    Tlif L5S1 fusion on the 14th Jan 2014
  • I started feeling a difference within the first week - the sid effects gradually lessened throughout that week also. I've been taking it for about 20 months.
    Angi
  • I took Cymbalta for over 2 years. I even had docs tell me it's really hard to come off of & I got scared too. My doc gave me a slow titration plan, a little less day by day & it was sooo EASY!! I mean nothing, not even a bit sleepy, EASY ;-)
    When I first started taking it I remember saying that it did nothing for my pain but really helped my mood (I was in a pretty dark place at the time) so I continued taking it. I'm not sure it ever helped me really but everything's worth a try. I had a dose adjustment after the first month or so...you might still be on a 'beginners dose' & won't know how well it works yet.

Sorry I'm not of more help, it was a few years ago & my memory isn't great today. I have a lot of problems with meds like Lyrica, Savella, Gabapentin etc. but never had any negatives with Cymbalta once I got past the first couple of weeks sleepiness. I did feel a bit 'brighter' once I stopped taking it but I don't regret trying it.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Nausea is normal in the first few days. It went away for me and I now take 120mg/day without issues.
  • Ginger is good for nausea. You can get gum & lozenges. It works well for me when I don't want to take prescription nausea meds.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
advertisement