Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery for lower back

I am a 54 year old female who has had scoliosis for my entire life (diagnosed at age 5). I have an S curve and the bottom curve rotates toward my abdomen. I wore the original milwaukee brace until I stopped by growth process (around the age of 17 1/2). I have experienced back pain with sciatica at various times over the course of my adult life but began having extreme discomfort and leg pain, hip pain and inability to sit or stand for any length of time without experiencing increased pain. I am scheduled for surgery at the end of October and wondered if anyone could offer encouraging words and information on how long the healing process takes and offer tips on how I will feel post-op.
I have had numerous surgeries in various places but never on my back. I am scheduled for a L2-S1 decompression with a T10-Sacrum Posterior TLIF using hardware and stabilizing to my hips. Any communication would be so appreciated. I have so impingement at various lumbar locations and 3 vertebrae that have slipped and are putting increased danger to my spinal cord.
I have great faith in my surgeon. He comes from Cleveland Clinic and now is part of an orthopedic group close to me. I need to know other experiences on how long you were in the hospital, when you went home what did you need that you might not have thought about needing and more questions than I know to ask I guess. I understand every situation is unique and every surgery is different as is the outcome for the individual. I am just trying to get an idea.
It would just be nice to not feel alone in this process. Thank you for your time.
Hopeful but Nervous