Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C2 C5 & C6

arsilabaarsilab Posts: 2
edited 10/06/2014 - 6:06 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I actually was looking for the article of that lady that posted breathing problems with stenosis. I wanted to support that finding and conclusion that many have complained about and i too experience it, but doctors don't seem to have able to put two and two together.
I have an inhailor and it doesn't work. Lately i have been finding myself yanking to a sitting position in the middle of a dead sleep because of obstruction to my breathing. It would also make sense that the swealing is part of the problem where my wind pipe seems to be coming to a very narrow opening limiting the amount of air.
i was in the ER twice and like other members they look at lungs etc. nothing to do with the problem and so doctors walk away with either scratching their head, or i am having anxiety problems. (it is sad that that seems to be the escape goat for doctors lately is that you are having a panic attack)
As far as my C2, i have never had to live praying for a break in nausea and migraines the way that i did when i was going through it. I have never had surgery to correct the C2, but while it was moving, i hoped to die because i could not stop throwing up and the swelling all over my head was evident. i couldn't wear anything that would aggravate the occipital nerves including glasses, headphones. It is true misery but it somehow passed even though i have had burning of the nerves which i don't want to do again. The burning of the nerves happened at least 2 years ago, but i am always aware that there is hell to come back at any given moment when the C2 decides to move again.
In a week, i am headed to surgery for C5 & C6 fusion and decompresion. I am hoping that i will be able to breath again.