Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI results

Carterclan09CCarterclan09 Posts: 3
edited 10/07/2014 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Would someone please answer a few questions I have about MRI results.. First let me explain what problems I have been having.. My neck is always stiff.. I have a lot of pain between my shoulder blades. I get only what I can describe as electrical shocks in my neck and into my shoulder. My fingers randomly go numb I get pins and needles or going to sleep feeling from my shoulder to my elbow.. My neck hurt to quickly turn it. Sleeping and getting comfortable hurts to the point that if I move my neck may break.. The MRI results reads as follow
C4-5 Mild disc protrusion with anterior impression on the thecal sac but no cord impingement or spinal stenosis
C5-6 slight focal central disc protrusion without cord impingement
Impression: Disc protrusion at C4-5, and to a lesser degree also C5-6 I see no disc herniation or impingement on the neural structures.
Does this reading account for the pain I have been dealing with or would I need another MRI of my back area to find the source of pain? I haven't seen any doctor other my family doctor who ordered the MRI which he's only offered pt and NSAIDs. Should I see another doctor? I read the a protrusion was the same as a herniation but the impression says other wise so what is a protrusion?

No one is qualified to provide information on your MRI report. It is a violation of the forum rules to ask for or to provide information on medical reports.
5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),
5.14 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)