Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Siatica or different

ACeadAACead Posts: 2
I noticed my hip or butt area was tightening up when I would be seated for a while but would loosen up when I played a sport, then the pain hit and it was a shooting pain that would go down my leg through the back of my calf and into my foot. I tried phyisotheropy for 3 mouths and it wasn't getting any better (2 or 3 sessions a week). I switched to a chiropractor, we did acupuncture for about 3 months (6 to 7 sessions total). The pain is gone and I can sit for hours without pain.

There is one more problem that does not seem to get any better and that is my flexibility in my affected leg (left). When seated flat on the floor I can barley get my left leg to go down. Once It is down moving my torso up to touch my toes sends a ''pulling'' feeling from my butt to the bend in my leg (knee area). If i play a sport trying to do this gets worse. Ive been a competitive athlete all my life and this is putting me behind the competition. I also have a MRI later in the week.

- I've never had any back pain during all of this

Any advise on how to get over this last hurdle.