Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion at C4-5 and C5-6 done 12 years ago now needing more

I had Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion at C4-5 and C5-6 12 years ago and now I am having lots of problems.
I have pain and muscle spasms in my neck all the time. Shoulder and arm pain. It is hard to lift my right arm very high.
Tingling and numbness on my neck and shoulders.
Has anyone else had more fusions years later? Is there anything else besides surgery?

• http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-message-resource

Have you seen a board certified surgeon to find out what is actually causiing the new symptoms?
    If not, then you need to start there, and let them examine you, get any imaging or other testing done that they need, and go over the diagnosis and treatment options with the surgeon.
    You may not need surgery at all, but until you actually know exactly what is causing the new symptoms, we can't offer any more information.
    Yes, others have had surgeries after a fusion, but it depends on the reasons that they needed them, and symptoms they were having.
  • Dr went in twice in back of neck & once in front of neck...2 separate surgeries. I continue to have problems, lots of pain and clicking, cracking noise every time I move. The surgeries were done to remove calcium deposits because of accident Camper explosion. I did see a Dr twice they won't touch me saying the disc's look good. I remember the Dr that did the surgery saying he could not get all the calcium deposit because they were too close to the spinal cord. My arm is not hurting just the neck and shoulder...left side. I am 70 years old and have osteoarthritis & fibromyalgia so Dr's do not like dealing with people like me. Anyone else having these problems? I just had a full knee replacement so not having fun...even throughout my pain issues my neck pain is making my life harder.