Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post surgery pain

Hi again, 34 y/o male who is a police officer... Had a Discectomy and Hemilaminotomy approx. 3 months ago at L5-S1. was work related and comp covered...Did 12 PT sessions was back to lifting 70=80 lbs with my duty gear on etc... was released back to full duty on Oct 3 but final MMi apt is Oct 15.... on 10-5 I was doing some minor yard work moving some landscap rock around using a 5 gallon bucket only filling it up half way etc, no more than 40-50 lbs. I moved approx. 4 buckets and was on last one and I felt back start to stiffen up so I was going to call it quits after the last one...went to move bucket, while on my knees and my low back popped and literally took my breath away...had to lay down in the yard for about 10 mins or so before I started stretching in order to get up and go inside. Immediately took shower and stretched again.... This has scared the Hell out of me....no radiating pain but low back area hurts and is very tight. I have had issues since surgery with hips and hamstring are super tight....and I am stretching 3-4 times a day and now use a foam roller.... Any ideas what popped in back??? scar tissue? did I reinjure disc?? please advise... thanks
Andrew C Brashear