Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

conjoined nerve

vlcassellsvvlcassells Posts: 1
I have been to three doctors and two surgeons, have had two cortisone injections, one in the L4/L5, and again L5/S1 with no relief of symptoms. The second surgeon sent me for a second MRI and told me I had conjoined nerves at the L4/L5. He also dismissed me and stated there was nothing he could do for me.

I have been on Neurontin for 11 months, and have had to increase the dosage to 1800 ml daily, to reduce the pain(,I am resisting using any pain killers), which is in the lower right lumbar area radiating through the buttox, the hip, down the outer back of the right thigh, the outside of the calf and the outside of the foot. The small toe is constantly numb. These symptoms increase and decrease depending on my level of activity, which is little to none compared to before this started.

I have researched on line for any info that would help, I have found the clinical explanation for conjoined nerve anomaly, but nothing to state if anything can be done to relieve the pain.

Anyone out there that may be or has experienced this same affliction and has any info, I need help