Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Upper back pain

Ashleigh-KateAAshleigh-Kate Posts: 1
edited 10/12/2014 - 2:36 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, I'm hoping for some advice on upper back pain. My pain is just below my left shoulder blade, it started after I carried my cat to the vet in a carrier, she lay right at the back of the carrier and I suspect I've pulled a muscle (I've experienced this pain once before and that's what my GP diagnosed then). Last time I was on the mend within a week but this time it's already been 9 days and it's not getting any better. It hurts when I take deep breaths and I have to be careful when I move as some movements are excruciating. Nighttime is the worst, I wake needing the toilet but every movement to get there and back is unbearable.
I never take painkillers normally as I have only one kidney but I have had no choice. Please can someone tell me what sort is best as the only ones I've tried that have helped are Nuromol but you're only supposed to take them for 3 days. I spent my third day in bed resting which did help but two days later the pain had me reaching for the nuromol again. Resting in bed is the only way I can cope without taking them as when I'm lying on my left side the pain eases, only hurting when I take a deep breath or if I move. I've not been to the drs as when I had this before all he did was prescribe cocodamol and codydramol (the first one didn't work and the second one made me I'll). Any advice would be welcomed.