Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic low back pain

LordBackLLordBack Posts: 2
edited 10/13/2014 - 3:57 PM in Lower Back Pain
Background: Played sports my entire life

Had some pain in the back that was gone after resting from squatting before the incident if that helps.

I pulled my back doing some light deadlifts after a rough week of squatting alot. still did 3 reps more and quitted, pain emerged about 2-3 minutes after the tightness in my low back emerged, I couldn't lift a dumbbell weighing 5 kilos without pain for 2-3 weeks and gradually I could lift heavier objects without pain.
Getting in and out of the car seemed hard to until now, stretching regularly has made it alot easier to sit in a car for a longer period of time.

I then did a yoga bridge, which obviously failed but popped something in my lower back which made the constant pain go away.

I have later on visited chiropractors without sucess, now 6 months later i've focused alot on hip stretching since that pretty much removes my symptoms and give me more mobility in the back etc.

I still feel that something is wrong but there hasnt been much pain besides from sitting too long or from flexing my knee straight while sitting which made legcurls and legkicks impossible until I started stretching the hipflexors which now allows me to fully flex my knee without back pain.

I've made a picture just to show what I feel today, doctors won't listen to me and asking for advice over the internet isn't the best way to go about this but i'm going to pay for an MRI myself if I don't get one from the doctor(I live in Sweden)

Red lines = Where i feel the pain when flexing my knee, which disappears by 90-95% after stretching the hipflexors and foamrolling.
Equal pain on both sides, if I only raise one leg there's only pain on one side.

Green dot = I'm a bit swollen there on touch and pressing on it doesn't do anything besides making it burn a little, this also disappears or gets smaller from stretching or moving I guess, it's different from day to day.

Blue lines = joins snapping over something when doing situp movements like getting up from the bed or lowering myself down to the bench in the gym, both in the hip and lowback(not sure where exactly in the lowback)
Seems to be equal to both sides.

Long post, sorry if it's tl;dr, i've already tried several doctors and tried getting an appointment with someone who is specialized in lower backs but I got the cold hand immideatly..

Is it possible that it could be a herniated/bulging disc that has "healed" and gets reliefed from stretching or could I have pulled something else.. Acute pain was gone after 3 weeks pretty much..

Anyone have an idea and what I should tell the doctor if I decide to call them again and if I should take up deadlifting or squatting ever again if this pain would go away 100%? Would feel pretty dumb quitting those excercises without knowing what truely happened.. :S

No one is qualified nor permitted to give you any information on any imaging or medical tests. That information needs to come from your doctor.
We also can not guess as to what your condition may be, a herniation or other spinal condition. That diagnosis is made by a qualified medical professional who has examined you, and gone over the imaging with you, as well as your symptoms.