Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bowel Control Program / Neurogenic Bowel

Hello,

I have had several issues with and surgeries on my my lower back over the past 15 years and as expected have a few ongoing issues related to this. One issue in particular that is troubling me is bowel control. I've recently had a fusion revision at L5-S1 and have been having quite a time dealing with worsening bowel issues, mind you these issues have been persistent for many years it's just that it has gotten significantly worse recently.

Neurogenic Bowel, more specifically lower motor-neuron bowel, is the problem that plagues me and I am attempting to hammer out a suitable bowel control program. Currently I am using Dulcolax suppositories in addition to digital manipulation nightly but I am still having constipation issues and occasionally accidents. I have tried various oral treatments without much luck. If I use anything too aggressive like Miralax I tend to have more accidents due to loose stool, other oral medicines seem totally ineffective which is inline with what I have read.

If anyone is willing to share any bowel control treatments that they have had success with I would be very greatful. I understand that what works for one person will of course not work for all but I would just like more options. I am still working diligently to get this under control but after talking to doctors it seems to be mostly a trial and error affair so any and all help is very welcome.

Thanks,
Bob
advertisement

Comments

• I have sent you a private message........check your inbox link on the left hand side of your page.
    I have given you two resources for assistance with a bowel program that might be helpful to you.