Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New! Lower Back Surgery Help/Advice

PorcelainSpinePPorcelainSpine Posts: 6
edited 10/15/2014 - 3:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone! I'll start by telling everyone a little about myself. I am 26 years old, I am a
Female, I work in aerospace, and I have been dealing with horrible back pain since Februrary 2012. I woke up one morning and basically couldn't move. I was having insanely painful back spasms and I didn't know what to do. Of course I went to urgent care where they prescribed me pain killers and sent me on my way. After a while the pain wouldn't go away so I got a message hoping I was just tense and stressed. No relief. I went and seen my PCP and was referred to an orthopedist. I was immediately started on a 3X a week PT schedule. After about 3 months and no improvement they tried Steroids, more pain killers muscle relaxers and a chiropractor. Still no relief, in fact I think the pain got worse after seeing the chiropractor twice a week for a month! My back felt like it was on fire! And I couldn't sleep. Well months went by and I was finally sent in to get and MRI. The verdict, spinal stenosis and L4 L5 and S1 disc protrusion. By this point the pain had spread down my right hip and leg down to my foot. So they recommended I have a steroid epidural. I had it done and felt no relief however I went back to work (after a 10 month hiatus from work) and tried my best to deal with the pain. Well fast forward to June of this year and the spams come back with a vengeance! I go to the ER and explain my situation and how I felt paralyzed! I couldn't move in any direction. So I get my pain shot and call my orthopedist and tell him I need to go in right away. I was put on a higher dosage of Norco and was ordered to get another MRI. Results came back worse than the first time. Spinal Stenoisis,L2, L3, L4, L5, S1 disc herniations ect. So I recieved a 2nd epidural in September 2014, again no relief so I am now going in for surgury. I am a diabetic and I don't have children so I have many concerns. I am curious to see how the recovery is and what to expect from the surgury. Any insight and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.