Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Spasms

pjb603ppjb603 Posts: 1
edited 10/28/2014 - 5:07 AM in Lower Back Pain
Seven or so times over the past decade i have bent over to pick something up and i feel a pinch in my lower back, then I loose the ability to stand and my back goes into terrific spasms. I have to have my kids carry me to bed where i spend two weeks
eating apple sauce, sipping water and peeing in a bottle because i can't get out of bed to use the bathroom. If i move in any way my back goes into spams. And sometimes my back will spasm, then stop for a couple of seconds and then spasm again with out me moving.

I have had several MRI's and recently a CAT scan at EDITED while I was in the emergency room. No one can tell me what is causing the nerve pinching (root nerve or facet joint syn). I need a doctor who has seen this phenomenon to respond to this post. Can facet joint synd cause severe back spasms? Or is it more likely foraminal narrowing causing the pinching of a root nerve? Or a mild disc bulge impinging on a root nerve. Or could there be another cause.

The only time i have back spasms is when this "nerve" gets pinched. My back does not spasm otherwise.

Moderator Comments
No one is permitted to suggest a diagnosis, nor to give you medical advice. You need to consult with a board certified spine surgeon, for a proper diagnosis and workup to determine the cause of the symptoms you are experiencing.

5.12 You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.

5.10 You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-Health.com.