Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello I am new here

Hi I injured my lower back 7 weeks ago now but I had torn soft tissue and ligaments if started to feel better at 5 weeks
so went to see private physcio she insisted on a deep tissue massage I have been in nothing but terrbil pain since and that was nearly 3 weeks ago I was off all pain meds now I am back on them and she did alot of pressing hard which was painful along the spine so Now my middle back has tightned up very bad and hurts to and did not before the physcio My doctor is shocked at what has happened but I have spoken to others who told me torn ligaments and muscles should never have a deep tissue massage as they need to heal she has made me much much worse I now been signed off work and the clinic have showed me no compassion the manager just said if she massaged me id be in alot more pain than I am because she presses alot harder than the girl who massaged me I just wondered if anyone can give me any advice???feeling quite alone and sad right now

• http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started

What has your doctor recommended? Heat, rest? Ice? There isn't much that can be done for muscle aches and pains, strains, other than rest, light stretching excercises once the pain subsides a bit...
  • He said both and rest my point here is it was getting better I was off pain meds and moving better faster then I went to see a private physcio and now my whole back has gone tight and gone into spasms after a deep tissue massage why would that happen???she has aggravated my injury and also caused my whole back to go tight and into severe spasms I never felt discomfort or tightness like and now work has told me to go home and rest and said that the physcio should of never massaged my back knowing I have injury with soft tissue damage so I really do not know what to do nothing is helping this tightness or spasms its so un comfatable