Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical foraminal stenosis

Anyone having had laser surgery for this condition? Mine is bilateral C6-7 with nerve compression on both sides. This is a relatively recent diagnosis following 11 years of T8-9 disc herniation and now moderate degeneration at all thoracic levels.

• Welcome to Spine-Health and how to get started here
  • OT mamaOOT mama Posts: 63
    edited 10/16/2014 - 7:15 PM
    I have been diagnosed with this condition at 2 or 3 levels in my neck. I am holding off on surgery until I develop any upper extremity weakness...so far I am still strong :) I will likely have an ACDF when that day comes. I am skeptical about laser surgeries... haven't heard or read much re: favorable outcomes.
  • I also had stenosis and herniated disc that was pressing on the cord at c6\c7. My symptoms were kinda sudden, I started having symptoms last August and had surgery on March 19, 2014. I had acdf and I am still trying to get back all the muscle I lost. I was not even able to pick up a cup of coffee with my left arm, I couldn't look forward only down. I had symptoms in my feet. I went through all the insurance hoops, had injections, nerve studies...all that bs. I am now symptom free most days, I have some residual nerve pain that is supposedly caused by damage and they say it is my nerves healing. I take some otc pain reliever for the symptoms and it helps. I would not reccommend waiting too long to have the surgery if you have pressure on your nerve, I was told that anything over a year will be permanent damage and that pain won't ever go away it just won't get worse.
    I was also scared to death of the surgery thinking i would never be the same afterwards. Three months after my surgey I was cleared to do anything I wanted to do including ride roller coasters. He said anything you want to do, and you feel up to it then go for it. I didn't do that becuase I have the fear of going through all that again but I will be doing lots of roller coasters next summer to make up for not doing it this summer!
    If you have any questions or need any advise I am willing to help out any way I can just send me a message.