Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back popping

I know this site is meant only as a guide and doesn't provide medical assessment etc. I was just wondering could anyone give me advice or have a similar experience of something that is related to my back pain. I hurt my back slightly over a year ago. One thing it does now which it never did before is that in the center of my lower spine I get a popping sensation every day, Sometimes it might happen once or twice while others it might happen 6 or 7 times. Ever time it happens it feels really good as it feels like pressure is being released. It usually happens when I'm sitting in the same position for a long time and then maybe slightly move it when my back is beginning to get sore. It makes the pain slightly less sore for a short period of time. Also it pops sometimes when I bend to get something such as my washing basket and then pops when I'm returning to stand sill position. It also is affected by hot or cold temperature that makes it pop sometimes such as in the shower with hot water. I guess about 90 % of the time it's popping in the same position though some times it can pop around the middle of my spine or higher up. In generally though it pops in the middle of my lower spine. I read that's it probably gases being released when your spine pops. Though since it's happening regularly I'm wondering could it be anything else? Or is it something I should be worried about? Plus I know anything said on this site is just an opinion. I'm just curious what other people think.