Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fixin to have Surgrey

mesajean123mmesajean123 Posts: 1
edited 10/18/2014 - 3:10 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am fixin to have surgery I believe it is the ACDF on 3 vertebrates on the neck I am just wondering about the recovery I know it is different for different people but I have 2 full time jobs and they are just mainly sitting mostly. How long did it take you all to get back to work. If I have surgery Thurs is it feasible to be back maybe a half a day Sunday. Like I said I would just be sitting and maybe computer work. Thank you for your time.

• rtconant1rrtconant1 Posts: 348
    edited 10/18/2014 - 3:26 PM
    I was told that it would be 6 weeks off for an office job setting and up to 12 weeks for other jobs depending on how physical. It also depends on the procedure and the doctor's preferences. It also depends on the policies of your employer. Some employers require that you do not return until you have no restrictions. You should touch base with HR and your doctor so that you know what is expected of you from both
    Tracie C
  • You need to discuss the post op restrictions and limitations with your surgeon. It is VERY unlikely that you will be returning to work a day and a half later for any amount of time......
    Fusion surgery is a big surgery and the recovery restrictions and limitations are there to ensure that you recover the best that your body is able.
    If I were you, I would make an appointment to sit down and talk with your surgeon, to ask him any questions or concerns you have about the surgery, the restrictions, the length of time before you might be able to return to work so that you know what you are getting into before your surgery.
  • You'll be lucky to be out of bed (or the recliner) for several weeks. Fusion is a huge surgery and you put your recovery and a solid fusion at risk by going back to work too early. Take Sandi's advice and have a long talk with your doctor.
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil