Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

FCE/Disability/Comp question from newbie

pinkppink Posts: 1
edited 10/19/2014 - 8:03 PM in Health Insurance Issues
I'm on comp & disab & had a FCE. My IME placed me at permanent marked/moedrate. My doc just reviewed my FCE report, I have been 100% up till now my question is how will my doc's comment on permanency effects my disability (not my work comp) , but my disability? I've been receiving SSD. My doc has not commented on permanency up til now. I know how this works as far as work comp. What worries me is SSD (disability). I don't know what his decision or comment will be, but I know I can not work. I'm not sure how it works, as far as what he says, how he comments? Does he say "PT can work so many hours with these limitations" or "PT can not work" Because if he says I can even with limitations does that mean I will lose my disability SSD??? I live in NY state. I have a lawyer. I want personal experiences. I do & will speak with him. I have a hearing next week for comp. I just had my 1st dirty IME doc!! I've had many. This one was not in an exam room. I sat across from him at his desk. He never examined me or touched me. When his report came it was all lies lies lies! He described the exam that he never performed. Said my weight was 19lbs more than it is, the exam was opposite every single exam I've had...which will be proven when we deposition the liar in court.
I appreciate any help

I am a RN. I injured my back at work in 2010. After exhausting all non-surgical measures including nerve blocks, acupuncture, PT, chiro, etc...spinal fusion L5-S1, hardware removal, trial SCS, more injections , RFA, etc... Neuro, ortho, PM.