Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello everyone

worrywart12wworrywart12 Posts: 1
edited 10/19/2014 - 10:38 PM in New Member Introductions
New here and wanted to introduce myself. 34 yr old female. Married for 7 years. One bio daughter and one step-son. About my condition: car wreck 1996 at age 15. Lower back issues began then. Was told only slightly bulging disks in lumbar spine at that time. Pain got worse over the years. Went to p.t. many different times, chiropractor, and g.p. some pain meds as needed. Nerves would become pinched, dr would give vicodin and soma and I would be down for a week. This went on for 11 years. Finally pain so bad i could not walk. Seen a neurosurgeon, diagnosed with one ruptured disk pushing on sciatic nerve, one deteriorated disk that was in pieces, osteoarthritis, migraines, and degenerative disk disease. Had 2 back surgeries at once in early 2008. Surgeon removed the two disks, replaced them with cadaver disks and re-attached the nerves. Second part was spinal fusion. I am fused at L4/L5, and L5/L6. I have two titanium rods, each approx 5 in long and 6 screws. After surgery I could feel most of my foot again allowing me to walk almost normal. However, the pain was still there. Got put on daily dose of vicodin. 4 years later in 2012 I was, and continue to be in chronic pain. The fusion hurts to the touch and constantly. Severe spasms in back, butt, and leg. I am in pain management now and have a wonderful, kind, caring doc. My question everyone in this condition, or with chronic pain as well is this; does anyone, or your family treat you badly, or are they mean or downright hayeful and hurtful to you because you must take pain medication? I don't have any side affects from the meds. (Except having to take laxituves.) They don't make me "high". At this point I am pretty much treated like crap because of my condition, and was wondering if anyone else can relate, or please offer some advice. Sorry this was so long. And thanks in advance for the advice. Everybody be well :)
Yours Truly,