Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sequestered discs and resorption

tophalfttophalf Posts: 2
edited 10/20/2014 - 3:58 AM in Lower Back Pain

6 weeks ago I sequestered my L3/L4 disc.

When it initially happened the pain was excruciating to say the least.
I ended up lying on the couch for 4 weeks as it was just too painful to lie in bed and my ability to even stand was very limited, I ended up crawling to go to the bathroom and at times was using bottles to pee in so I didn't have to move.

I am now 6 weeks down the line, I have been seeing an Amatsu practitioner since I first injured myself and I have to say I am lightyears ahead at this point in comparison to where I was when I prolapsed a disc 10yrs ago. I am now on my feet, able to stand upright although my hips are still tipped back a little. I can walk, move around ok, and am even managing to do a little housework while my wife is at work. I do still have pain in my lower back, sometimes it spasms but not often now and I am going to bed on a night which is nice I have to say.

So, now I am wondering what to do. You can clearly see the disc material on my MRI but I have no pain in my extremities etc, just lower back pain which is improving on a daily basis. I have done some searching on the internet and every site I have been on says that sequestered material is absorbed by the body, usually within 12 - 18 months.
Here is a link to a site where they are saying the bigger the sequestered material the better the rate of resorption, which sounds a bit strange to me but there you go:

Link removed

My concern I guess is what happens to the disc material in the meantime, is it just jiggling about in there or does it stay put?
The people who I have read up on who have not had surgery have been advised not to by a neurosurgeon so there must be something to this.

Thanks in advance.