Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

looking for a foc

kjowarrenkkjowarren Posts: 3
edited 10/21/2014 - 7:47 AM in Pain Medications
Hi. Im new here. I also just moved to phoenix, az. I live in the west valley area. Im looking for a doctor to prescribe my meds, listen to me, and care. I know I'll never be pain free. The best I can get is down to a 2 on good days. I just don't want a doc taking me backwards. Any suggestions? I would appreciate the advice. Thank you

Moderator Input. We don't make physician recommendations on Spine Health. Your best option is to check your insurance website for pain management doctors or to look in your area phone book. You can also ask your primary doctor for a recommendation. Find a physician, Spine Center

• I always get my old doc to phone my new doc to discuss my case. I think it's better than being a stranger walking in. Do you have all of your medical records & diagnostic test results to take with you? So far I've always managed to continue my care when I've moved without having to start from scratch again. I'd 'interview' a few prospective PM docs. If you need meds it's pointless going to a clinic that doesn't prescribe. Good luck. I hate changing docs, I really feel for you ;-(
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Obviously I meant doc not foc. Thanks. Ive looked. The choices are overwhelming. I don't have insurance and can't afford to go to one after another. I got one online that said md and he was a chiropractic doc. Thats why I asked if anyone knew of one. It was a total waste of $. Not just from no meds. I need more than a chiropractor. I don't have a primary either. Another reason I asked.
  • I also did a search for a physiatrist. All I got was a list of psychiatrists. Yes, I did check my spelling and I had it right. Go google. Lol.
  • Physicians in your new area. Or ask your new neighbors who they see.
  • Before I double checked everything, interviewed by phone & made 'meet for interview' appointments I made the mistake of going to a Pain Management doc from my insurances list & had to pay a chiropractor for the appointment! Ugh! I know! The ask new neighbors is a good idea. Always ask questions on the phone so you know what kind of doc they are. Some PM docs specialize in certain procedures (stimulator implants etc) & aren't regular PM docs. A lot of clinics don't prescribe. I understand your fear of wasting money!
    Having a GP in your corner can really help in finding the right PM. I know it's more money but it could save you long term.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.