Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Upper back pain after pregnancy, HELP!

DreamingyxbDDreamingyxb Posts: 2
edited 10/21/2014 - 4:18 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi Everyone:

It all started three years ago during third trimester of my first pregnancy. there was just one spot deep and close to my upper spine between the should blade, on my left side that aches from time to time. and it kind of went away after birth and during my mat leave. However when I came back to work (computer all day) it started to get more constant pain but still remain just that one spot on the left. I've been to two chiro near work, and they cracked my neck/back. X-rays shows nothing wrong with spine/chest. The chiro sessions did not help much, in March it is constant muscle dull ache alongside the left side of my spine and progressed to my right side. When it became really serious, I have mild chest pains, difficult breathing and tingling on my left thumb. and my neck/shoulder/armpits are always tight. I check up on my heart/stomach/gallbladder/lung/kidney all are healthy.
I've been to two months of Chinese acupuncture/acupressure, it alleviated my pain a lot, the chest tightness and tingling arm are gone now, but after $2000 it had stop doing any improvement for me so I had to stop. It is constant soreness deep within the spinal muscle, the tendons are swelled and when massage it feels ligaments in the tendon. But scans show it is not tendonitis or fibroscoliosis or anything like that.

I am seeing a myofascial massage therapist and he said My left shoulder is higher and forward from bad posture, and my diaphragm is tight, which is true I guess. During labor my daughter had kick really hard on my left rib cage and now if I bend down and come up, somewhere on my left side the muscle would spasm and I feel discomfort near my left rib cage, it is so hard to describe. there has only been two sessions and I haven't really seen improvement.

Now the ache in my upper back has spread to right side, and when I am doing stretch moves from side to side, I feel tightness in my throat, and cracking sound on the spine and check bone. It just feel my whole upper torso is out of alignment or something. I always feel stressed and tired.
Each 'professional' I've seen told me it is not a big problem and keep making promises. I am only 30 and I'm so hopeless. It had affected my mood and my daily life.

What I hate is they couldn't give this pain a name. simple stretches does not really help and if it's joint misalignment they are not offering me any adjustment. or is it myofascial pain relating to my shoulder / diaphragm/rib cage?

Sooooooo frustrusted, sorry for the long story.