Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anterior/Posterior Cervical Surgery

Hello I was wondering if anyone else has had these two procedures done at the same time. I am scheduled to have both of these done in 2 weeks. I have been told that I will be in surgery for approx. 7 hours. I was wondering how long of a hospital stay I should expect. What was the recovery time.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hi Sqdurham,
    I had an anterior/posterior c-spine fusion in 2007 involving C4 thru C7. Was in hospital for 3 days, all went well, I believe I returned to my normal self about 4-6 months post-op and weight restrictions were lifted after 12 months.
    Not sure how many levels your are having done but that procedure of mine was approx. 6-7 hours.
    In April of this year I had C2 thru T3 all fused with the old hardware removed, that procedure took an excess of 10.5 hours just for the surgery alone. That recovery has taken a bit longer although I'm feeling really well although I still have weight restrictions until April 2015.
    Good luck with your adventure, follow doctors orders as to taking your meds, not over-doing it physically, and you will do just fine.
  • Thanks Ranger this is not my first surgery I had a 3 level ACDF in 2008. But this will be my first involving the front and back. Was just trying to get some insight into what others went through.