Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Broken neck and never treated

CharlotteCCharlotte Posts: 2
edited 10/25/2014 - 3:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi there

Ive recently found out I broken my neck over 22 years ago and never had it treated. My story is a bit long winded but here I go. It was at the end of July 2014 I was hoovering one morning and I stood up to say bye to my husband and I looked over my right shoulder and felt a pop in my right ear I couldn't hear anything then I lost the vision in my right eye and the feeling down the right side of my body. My husband put me onto the bed I put my head between my knee's because I thought I was fainting but I started to fall off the bed so I pushed my self back on the bed and I could only feel my left side It felt like I had half a body after about 5 minutes the feeling, hearing and vision started to come back. I went to the doctors where she did a few test and then she sent me to the hospital.I had a ct scan which come back fine and they sent me for a x-ray on my neck. The doctor came to see me and she said my neck was really stiff, that stiff that if I did any sudden movements I could sever my spinal cord I was asked if I had any accident or any might of happened. I told her when I was about 11 I was on the log flume and as I was going down the flume I put my head down and my head went through the plastic and wood. The back of my head touched my back and I felt a crack, as I looked up It said do not bend your head I panicked and didn't say anything because I had broke the log flume cart. The doctor said I needed an MRI scan. The MRI scan come back fine and the doctor told them about my x-ray and the accident I had, they looked again and found I had fractured my c2 but it had healed they said I need to be referred to either orthopaedic or a neurological surgeon at this point I had been discharged so I had to chase the appointment up with orthopaedic who said they only specialize in lower limb so he passed me on to another orthopaedic doctor who specialized in lower back to the shoulders so I would have to go through my GP now. I went back to my GP which was really frustrating to be told I don't need to be seen by a neuro surgeon because everything is ok and the doctor from the hospital had blown it all out of control and that I just need physio but 4 doctors from the hospital said I need to be seen by a neuro surgeon first before I have physio but my doctor was adamant I just needed physio. So I went to physio who is now writing to my GP to have me referred to the neuro surgeon because she said my MRI scan doesn't co-inside with the symptoms I'm getting numbness down the left side of my body head aches my hearing still not right on the right side of my body she said it link pinching of the nerves but its not showing on the MRI I'm worried what might happen next.