Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frustrated and ready to cry

Hello all. I finally got to see the ortho the other day. Very short but figured he was busy. He wants to do a facet joint injection and I was all for it......however since this a workers comp claim I have to jump through hoops. In the meantime he put me on a Medrol pack and gave me Tramidol. As im trying to process all this I dont even think to question medicines as im so tired of psin. Turns out I do not tolerate Medrol (awful mood swings insomnia red swollen face hot and poinding headache after three days) and since I have had seizures in the past I cannot take Tramidol (which didnt touch the pain anyway). So I call the phys and wait two days for a call back....verdict......take tylenol or see pain management and dont see ortho! Are they serious???? If tylenol worked I would take it and skip all this! And I cant wait for workers comp to cleat pain management and get block thru....this is barbaric! Has anyone else dealt with this? ??? All I want is some relief and feel like im being treated as some drug seeking addict! About ready to just cry!

• but you can call your caseworker/case manager and tell them that the surgeon told you to see pain management. Surgeon's don't handle or dispense pain medications normally, unless it is in the immediate post op period and then only for a very limited time frame.
  • Ty sandi and I understand that. Just dont understand how I just saw this doctor three days ago and he prescribes medication I cant take and doesnt have any other ideas....and I know im probly grumpy due to how long this has been going on and pain.
  • Are you allowed to see your own Pain Management doc while going through all the workers comp stuff? I don't really know much about the system other than it seems to drag on for an incredibly, frustratingly long time. I recommend pain management. As well as medications they can offer so many procedures, therapies etc. it's been invaluable to me.

Good luck with getting the facet joint injections. I hope they help & you can go on to get the nerves killed around there. It makes a tremendous difference for some.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • don't consider to be an opiate, but it is . It is synthetic and just as addictive as any other opiate, but he just may not be comfortable with using anything else. After all you are a new patient, one he does not know, and while he was trying to help, that was as far as he was willing to go when it comes to prescribing pain medications at this time.
  • I got hurt at work as well but this is the Exact reason I'm using my insurance look how hard it is to get the basics pain meds and a shot imagine if it came down to a surgery. I figured using my insurance I can choose the best of the best my luck I would get a worker comp hack surgeon and he would do more damage then before. Do you have insurance if so that's what's it for now if you have to lose time the workers comp thing would be great but that's only if they paid you and for me disability would only be like 15% of what I make anyways I guess it's better then nothing