Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my daughgter is playing

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in Lighten and Brighten
her electric guitar and it is so nice and peaceful.
She is down stairs playing Hendrix, Zepplin, Floyd and Marz Volta among others and she is really good.

It is so relaxing. Amazing that she can play so well. She was a 3# 12 week premature baby with major dylexia in reading, writing amd math.

She can play a mean guitar and mostly by ear at 15. I have given her lessons but she never uses music or tabs. She also plays the drums but I would rather hear the guitar.

It is just awesome and I had to brag about her. She plays a Jackson with a Flyod Rose and a Dean mini. Mostly the Jackson.

• Good to see your daughter has a interest in music,i started to play piano when i was 15...
  • AWWW, the first song that my oldest son learned on his guitar was - Wish you were here- by Pink Floyd, he knew that I loved that song! Awesome!
  • for sharing Julie...I know that you must be proud !!!! My 12 year old son plays the guitar as well and I love it when he does so I completely understand where you are coming from....he was also a premie and the docs said he would never be active , and that he would always be sickly....they were wrong !!!! Thank God !!! :) It is amazing what our children are capable of and there is absolutely nothing wrong in Mommas bragging about it all !!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • Julie:

Thanks for sharing that. Wow! Zepplin, huh? My oldest brother (he was 10 years older than I) played guitar. He played all kinds of stuff, but played "Green Green Grass of Home" for my Mom and began teaching me "Stairway to Heaven". He died suddenly one day in 1977 (an accident with a train) and everytime I hear those 2 songs, I think of it as his way of connecting with me (or my way of connecting with him?) I had to learn the rest of Stairway on my own and I was angry about that for a long time.

My 16 year old plays flute, bassoon, sax and piano. He's learned several songs that he knows I like. As soon as he wakes in the morning, he goes to the keyboard. So, I know how soothing music can be.

You must be so proud!! You did a great job with her and so did you Priestess!!

Pat yourselves on the back. I'd do it, but can't reach you.

• My kids play a mean Guitar Hero! ;) I WISH they would play the real guitars they have.... That is so great Julie!
  • My 3yr old son plays the guitar too and sings Twinkle twinklw Little star at the top of his lungs..........I look for my earplugs! :D