Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Saturday OCT 25

BcrifeBBcrife Posts: 2
edited 10/25/2014 - 3:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello. I am 50 year old female with Cervical Herniated Disc C6 and C7. Degenerative Disc Diseaase. Diagonosed 4 years ago. Although Probably had longer. I have tried physical therapy, steroid injection, patience, and trust that it would go away. It hasn't. Currently Pain is worse than I've ever felt. Currently on mild pain medication. But cannot sleep. Along with the pain from my neck to my left shoulder, down my arm to tingling in my left pointer and middle fingers. Pain worse when driving after 8 hours at my phone/computer/stress/desk job, which I have had same type job for 25 years.

I am 50, 5'6; 160 lbs, I've often thought of breasts being a problem - 36DD, but not big enough for breast reduction per insurance. and not wanting invasive removal. Always trying to trim down, but have not been over 170lbs.
MRI's have shown herniation and DDD.
No Spinal Surgeries in past.
Happy Person in general - except for this pain.
Healthty, walk 1 hour per day for exercise. eat mostly whole foods.
I use to drink wine with dinner, 1-3 glasses per day. No More due to medication and desire to eliminate to just very seldom.
I have appt Monday 10/27 with surgeon to discuss surgery.

During these past 4 years I never thought I would need surgery as all DOC's pointed me toward fact that it would repair itself with physical therapy and time.

I am looking for help to get through this pain until I get my surgery and any help for pre surgery and post surgery advice/guidance. Thank you so much.