Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica advice

Hi everyone,
I am after some advice from people with similar experiences. I am a very active person. I lift weights a few times a week & have recently started doing a lot of treadmill running.
About 2 weeks ago I woke up with very intense pain down the back of my right leg. I couldn't stand for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I saw my dr & he agreed I have sciatica. My lower calf & outer foot including 2 smaller toes went numb & are still numb. The pain has eased a lot however the numbness persists & I certainly dong have normal stength in my leg. I am limping & there is no way I could run. In the past few days I have been getting some pain in my buttock/hip area. I had a massage a few days ago & have been doing a lot of stretching to no avail, although my leg does feel very stuff & sore to stretch. I have tried heat/ice, & have been taking anti inflammatories & pain killers regularly. I have never had anything like this before. I cannot understand whst may have caused this. A couple of days before the onset I did a heavy leg weights session, but had nothing but some muscles soreness afterwards, nothing out of the ordinary. I have a referral for a CT scan however have been putting it off in the hope it will go away, it hasn't. I plan on getting my scan done in the next couple of days.
I am certainly not after a diagnosis. I would like go hear from people with similar, or people's thoughts on what may have caused this, advice on what I can do to treat it etc... It's very frustrating. I have a job where I am on my feet a lot & not being able to functional usual is really getting me down.