Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new bulging disc

Hello! I just recently had a few mri's done and I am concerned that I have a new third bulging disc in my cervical spine. It also says on the report that there is indentation of the ventral thecal sac and that this was new. My concern is that my previous mri was just two years ago. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and is this common? I also have a herniated disc in my lumbar spine since 2011 and it has on this mri there is annular tearing which was never mentioned before.

• Have you seen him to go over the results of both MRI"s?
    An annular tear , nor the bulge may not have been present in the previous MRI's .
  • Sandi,
    I haven't been back to the doctor since the new mri's. He did have his nurse call me back and tell me that my results were stable and to keep my follow up appointment with him. I get copies of all of my mri's for my records now because in 1999 I had what they believe may have been transverse myelitis. The issue was that they cannot locate my records and I have been on an extensive search myself and it seems they have been "lost". Since then I have always got copies for my own records. They cannot say for sure that I had transverse myelitis in 1999 because they can only go on what I tell them the neurologist described to me and my symptoms but cannot actually form a diagnose based on this. This has been very frustrating.

The cervical mri was done because I have symptoms that have made me nervous about the possibility of MS, They didn't show any lesions. They only lesions I have are the same ones I have had for the last 3 years. They are on the frontal lobe of my brain and they label them as nonspecific white matter lesions. The doctor says that he cannot say that this is or isn't MS. So I was concerned that there could be lesions elsewhere and that I could have MS and wasn't being treated for it. My mri showed a new bulging disc and the indentations of the ventral thecal sac on two of the three. In my previous mri I only had two bulging disc in the cervical area, The lumbar mri said the bulge is stable but it also says that there is annular tearing that appears to be stable.

My symptoms have been getting worse with my left arm. It hurts and feels tired and weak when I wash and blow dry my hair. My left foot feels asleep nearly all the time and my eyelid twitching has now started in the other lower lid, too. I also, at times have a very faint twitch in my face above my upper lip. My dizziness is still an issue after 3 years with no explanations. I have had cardio and ENT test done and it all was normal.

I am just concerned that in 2 years time I have a new bulging disc in my neck and I have not been in an accident or fallen. I am wondering if anyone else has been through anything similar. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • and can be positional in nature........the way you are laying during the imaging can give the appearance of a disc bulge.....you will have to wait until you see the doctor who ordered the test, and he is able to review the images and reports with you, so that he can tell you if he thinks it is positional or something to be a bit more concerned about.
    I'm sorry, I know it is frustrating to see something new in the reports, but we can't offer any information more than that.