Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

low back si region pain

bamillsbbamills Posts: 1
edited 10/27/2014 - 3:24 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I had a fusion of L4-5 in May of 2003. I did well and recuperated with 6 months. However, throughout the last 11 years I have had what the physical therapist calls SI joint dysfunction. The PTs in our region use muscle energy techniques to manipulate the SI joint area which provides relief for extended periods of time. In October 2013, I scheduled an appointment with the surgeon that did my fusion in 2003. MRIs reveal degenerative changes in L3.

After a year on visits with the surgeon, he has ordered another series on MRI testing. In discussing the pain in the SI Joint, he informs me that there is no such thing as SI joint dysfunction. However, I could be having muscle pain in that area caused by tearing of the muscle which causes barbs to form on the muscle. The pain I am experiencing according to him is muscle pain. He used a long scientific name which I can not even remember. I was advise to you ice and a bone stimulator which I do not have, and insurance will not approve.

I believe the PTs when they say there is a SI dysfunction, because the muscle energy techniques have worked without fail for the last 11 years. I have also had 2 steroids injection into the SI on different occasions which helped tremendously with the pain. Is there any one else out there that has had a surgeon say there is no SI Joint dysfunction?