Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My mysterious back/neck/shoulder

J_gillsJJ_gills Posts: 1
edited 10/26/2014 - 7:31 PM in Chronic Pain
My name is josh and i am 18 years old. About a year ago me and my mother were in a rear end auto-collision. The effects were common to whiplash injuries. I didnt feel anything that day but for one to two days after i had awful headaches and took advil. Eventually the pain subsided and i figured i was back to normal. About a month later i started developing large muscle knots on the left side of my back accompanied by numbness surrounding them and sudden surges of stab-like pain in the top of my head. I went to a neurologist who took xrays and when he didnt see anything sent me to a physical therapist. The therapy removed the knots but somehow the neck and back pain worsened. I went to my primary physician and due to the fact that it had almost been 3/4 of a year past an accident and i had not received even a diagnosis he was skeptical and seemed to be trying to infer that i was blowing it out of proportion or even making it up. I went back to my neurologist who sent me for mris which also came back negative and he suggested i go to a chiropractor. Unfortunately, my mother tells me she has similar pain and she went to a chiropractor and it did nothing for her. Recently, my pain has moved to my shoulder/left rib cage, and the left side of my chest. My arm, chest and back switch between numbness/tingling and sharp pains. I am afraid because of the similarities in my symptoms to that of heart attacks. I feel like im out of options. What should i do?
advertisement

Comments