Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Will be gone....

LakesideLLakeside Posts: 281
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey spiney pals! Just want to let you know we leave for Montana/Wyoming tomorrow & return on July 17---plan to go to Glacier Park then the Tetons...have the truck rigged w/ a bed in the backseat for me & 1/2 the ice chest is filled w/ my ice packs...

Yes, I still feel pretty lousy, but as I said to my sweetie, I may as well feel lousy looking at the Rockies!

Gotta live your life, as we said months ago, on that "strainging through" thread...

Anyway, my best wishes to those who are having surgery and my prayers for healing for my pals who have HAD surgery...I wish you all the best outcome & will "see" you in a few weeks!

Wagons Ho! Yee-haw! (2,300 mile round trip from Wisconsin! And yes, my NS approved it...w/ caution to go slow, don't overdo it & rest a lot.) Life must go on... :)

Signing off for awhile! Best to all!

• Have a great time! We will miss you on here!!!! bring back lotsa pictures.

• Awww man Lakeside, I'm going to miss your explanations. You have a way of putting everything into perspective. I wish you the best of trips and hopefully the fresh air and change of scenery will help your back.
  • Have a great time! You do have to keep on living. My back is going to hurt at home or on vacation so I would rather take a vacation! It will do you good to see some new sights!
    Have a safe trip!
  • Lakeside,

When I first read your post, I envisioned you laying on a bed in the truckbed. What a sight that would be driving down the highway. I'm glad I misread your post. Have a great time. You might find what I found when we went to Bermuda a few months ago. Your back doesn't seem to hurt as much when you are away in a place you want to be.

Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
  • Lakeside, WELCOME TO THE ROCKIES!!!! their absolutely GLORIOUS right now. Lots and lots of wildflowers in bloom, and lots of babies being born, deer, elk, fox....Wild horses couldn't drag me away. HAVE FUN!!! BE CAREFUL and enjoy and take lots of pictures!!!
  • See you soon Lakeside, I totally agree with Carol and am going to miss you and your informative postings.

Say hi to Smokey the Bear for Pebbles.

I guess they don't have WiFi in the woods eh?