Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

can they do this,????

hmill63hhmill63 Posts: 10
edited 10/27/2014 - 10:19 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello all.....so the ortho I saw said I need facet joint injection. I have been off work 5 weeks now with incredible pain and a num leg to my toes. The ortho spent ten minutes with me and prescribed two medications I cant take which shows he didnt read my history. I got a call from BWC today saying he has released me to full duty next week.
. Keep in mind I sew and pull 200 pound plus tents around 60 hours a week. So now im still in pain and completely numb with no treatment even scheduled yet!!!! Does this sound right??? Nothing has been treated or changed or corrected!!! And im supposed to return to full duty with no treatment????? Help!

• They can.... a facet joint injection is a short procedure, taking a few minutes to do......if all the doctor found is that the facet joint is in need of treatment, they will schedule it as soon as they are able to do . Clearing you to return to work isn't going to change getting the injection done, and if you sew / sit, there isn't any reason that I can see that you wouldn't be able to do your job in the meantime.
  • I understand Sandy....however my job is an industrial sewer....that involves sitting standing walking pushing and pulling as well as twisting 200 to 300 pound tents 10 hours a day everyday. These are huge commercial tents...not pop up canopies. I am aware that facet joint injections are short procedures. However after being returned to full duty and unable to feel my right leg at all (which is the leg u must use at the industrial sewing machines at sll times machine is in motion) I am not able to feel the pressure I am pushing at. That is a danger in my profession.
  • your doctor and let him know exactly what is involved in your position and that you can't feel your leg /foot.......that's all we can suggest.