Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot drop after surgery

When I woke up from anesthesia I realized that I had foot drop. Before surgery I had numbness but only from the knee to the ankle. I am five days out and petrified that something went wrong in the surgery. Has anybody else had this experience and what was the outcome.

• what he says regarding the foot drop?
  • Yes, I told the surgeon about the foot drop the next day after surgery. He said to exercise it by rocking back and forward on my feet. That would be great if that foot moved. It is now 10 days post op and when i try to balance on my heels I can raise my toes on the left foot about an inch. So there is improvement.
  • Foot drop is a bit disconcerting... I'm sorry you had it after surgery. I hear that is a possible, and hopefully temporary risk with surgery. I hope you're on the mend soon with your spine.
    For the foot. Walking is great and very slow.. Deliberately slow walking is good. Try and bend your toes upwards against a wall and when you walk.. Accentuate the bending of the toes.
    Wishing the best for a speedy recovery.
    Do they have you in physio? That would really help....
This discussion has been closed.