Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help, what is wrong with me?

LittlepeaLLittlepea Posts: 1
edited 10/28/2014 - 9:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi there, thanks fo reading. Please help me figure out whats wrong! About 6 months ago i started having pain in my tailbone when sitting. It became worse and worse and really hurt when rising. I had no trauma and 6 yeats since childbirth.
I was trying to help myself by sitting on bean squares or cushions ( i look after children and crouch/ sit on and off quite a lot).
It didnt go away and is still bad.
4 months ago my lower back started to hurt during the night. It has gradually been getting worse and worse. Because it got better during the day I kept ignoring it, but the past 2 months it was so bad it was ridiculous. The pain builds and builds all night, i struggle to find a position that is not painful, my entire lower torso aches as though ive done some severe abdominal workout. Sometimes its painful, sometimes its agonising...there seems no rhyme or reason why it gets worse. I have seen gp, he thought it was gall stones...ive had scan and its not. Ive been seeing a chiropractor. He has identified poor posturei am trying to improve my posture but right now the pain is what is creating the bad posture. He also identified tightness, and weak areas, but to be honest, I dont feel he is helping much, and says the pain is 'atypical', between you and me, i dont know if he is a bit hippy trippy as he seems to do more deep breathing than fixing. I am now struggling in the day. I now have pain in my upper back and it feels tight when i breathe in, i think this is because im holding myself wrong from the pain in my lower back. Its so hard to describe the pain...my gut feeling is theres something in between my discs thats wrong, the pain holds a deep ...sad feeling( i know that sounds weird). Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? I feel like my gp and chiropractor havent a clue, but im really struggling. I wake a lot in the night. I take tramadol and ibuprofen at 6 and this enables me to get up by 7. If its been a very bad night I can feel my spine pulsating throughout the day. I keep active in the day, but am wary of doing normal exercise...the result is im putting on weight quite rapidly, i feel tired quite often needing to sleep midday, i am weepy and down.oh i hope somebody has some answer for me. God bless everyone on here that suffers back pain, its so terrible x