Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 days after surgery and have questions

Hi everyone. This is my first time partaking in a forum of any kind. Well actually my second time, but I'm really not sure which section I put it on. My name is Amber and I had a XLIF for my L4-L5. This was very different from the first fusion on my L3-L4. Three years ago I ruptured that disc and they did the surgery through my stomach. He said it was because I was so overweight. I lost 70 lbs though, and it was an entirely different ball game. Anyway, I have had some terrible weakness and numbness. I was wondering if this is common with the L4-L5 fusion surgery ONLY. I don't remember this happening with the other one, in other words. Also, I have had some excruciating pain on the right side of my spine. I'm thinking muscles but it travels down my butt to the front of my thigh. I was wondering has anyone had that pain? It hits me with certain movements. Usually when I get up from sitting down. I'm so tired right now so I'm going to stop. But all the advice, I can get, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a nice evening. :-)
Have a good day

• If you look to your left hand side of the page, under My Stuff, you will see a link that says either view recent posts, or view My posts, which will take you to the recent posts made by you.......that way, you can keep your posts on one thread, which makes things much easier for you to keep track of, and for members to know what thread to respond to.......