Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New issue since c56 67 fusion

Ok it's been 5 weeks and for the last two weeks I have had sudden constant now pain in my right thumb. What concerns me is it not only locks up but the pain is always there. Never had an issue before this surgery. What I have read online is the C7 disc the nerve can affect the right thumb. Now I'm wondering if this is some kind of nerve damage. The doctor really had nothing to say when I asked him at my last appt. Very depressing as I am an artist and at this point there is no way I could paint. I have been wearing a thumb support and sleeping with it on to help. Has anyone else experienced this that's had cervical fusions ? Thanks for any input.

• Flare ups of nerve related pain are quite common post op, due to the surgery itself, the damage to the nerves prior to surgery, and now the recovery/post op swelling. Given some time, and your body's healing, this should improve over the coming weeks as you get further out from surgery.
  • Nick.nyNNick.ny New York,NYPosts: 121
    edited 11/01/2014 - 8:11 PM
    And I still have the same problems: Right thumb,ring finger,little finger getting numb and painfull,pain in my right arm especially on a rainy or humid days and still on Percocet 10-325x6,Ibuprofen 800mgx3,zanaflex 4mgx2 and Wellbutrin 100mgx4 Some of the symptoms will go away by time some will not, and some will worsen..unfortunately my self I develop problem on the level above the fusion now. Good luck to every body. Nick.
    2011 ACDF C 4/5/6/7.
    2011 repaired sternum with fixation plate and 9 screws.
    4/2011,3/2012,11/2012 and 6/2013  Rotator cuff surgeries.  
    1/6/2016 revision ACDF C4/5/6/7, plus fusing the level above that C 3-4.
    Pending L5-S1.