Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question: Why don't my posts appear online? I've tried a few times so far.

Willy8Willy8 Posts: 88
Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Thank you.

You are doing nothing wrong

For new members it will take from 24 to 72 hours for new threads to appear. All new information must be first approved by the moderator team.
Since we are all volunteers, weekend coverage may be less, so new information may take longer

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator

• I am in the same boat as Willy8 only I've been here a bit longer than 72 hours. With some threads I have responded to, it has stated that my post is waiting for approval. Is this under only specific threads I suppose? Please let me know Moderators!

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • We are not showing that any of your posts are waiting for approval.
    A new member process has been implemented to help cut down on forum spam, as well as to ensure that the posts from new members aren't violating the forum rules.
    When a new member registers, his/her posts are held for us to review , and if necessary edit , then we approve them to post.
    Once the member has been established, depending on whether their first post was to an existing thread or not, it may show the approve tab which one of us will take care of when we see the post. If they have created a new thread entirely, then the thread will not show until we have reviewed it first.
  • Doug HellDoug Hell Posts: 335
    edited 11/04/2014 - 2:07 AM
    I left a response to a thread and it said that it was waiting for approval.Perhaps a system glitch? It isn't that important it just sent me for a bit of a loop. Thx
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • My posts never did appear, Guess they don't want new people. That's OK. It's still a good resource for reading.
  • Your posts are here.........and your my posts never did appear isn't true.........they posted above your recent one.
    Go to the My Stuff area on the left hand side of your page, and click on view my posts........it will bring up all of your posts .
  • I did that, Sandi, but the only posts of mine that I see are on this thread. I had tried to ask a question about the drug Gabapentin on the thread on the subject - I actually tried 2 or 3 times - but as far as I can see it never appeared. If I post it again will it appear now, because maybe I'm OK'd now?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Its hard to figure out what happened in the past. I have found no reason why your threads did not go through immediately like other new members that joined around the same time you did.

The behavior of different browsers, how their cache is deleted/managed/refreshed and cookies either deleted or refreshed can determine what you can see on a given web page. I have had members that stated that they didnt see their posts for days, while everyone else could see those same posts. That particular person never rebooted their machine nor did they take down their browser. It was hard for me to get an answer of they were using a PC, MAC and and IOS device. Each will handle things somewhat differently.

But you can see the post now
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi, Ron. I just successfully made a post on a Gabapentin drug thread, so it looks like I'm OK on here now. - W