So I have lower back pain and it's been going on for 6 months now.
Here is a summary of what happened.
1. July 2013 I weighed 150kg and now in November 2014 I'm about 100kg so a good loss but obviously a lot of stress on my body from this.
Also since July 2013 till the back pain injury in July 2014. I was backpacking and travelling the whole time running a business on the internet never really having a good desk to work from or a proper chair always slouching.
2. End of February 2014 - I hit a tree snowboarding. See the doc a week later and a get an xray. I'm told I have a mid range grade 2 mcl on the right knee. Doc gives me stretches to do while in the hot tub 2x a day for 6 weeks with the ingured leg.
3. 6 weeks later I'm healed up enough to snowboard the last 10 days of the ski season and I fell that I was riding harder then I was before. It was a risk but I didn't hurt myself again.
4. During the last month the physio came up to see me. Did what he needed to do. Told me it was a grade 2 mcl mid range and possibly some acl. Was quite supprised that I managed to ride the last 10 days also after I told him I did but he said it means when I stayed off it I was doing the right thing.
5. Last day of the ski season a friend slams into my back off a jump by accident. Not 100% sure what happen but her face went into my upper back I don't think the board hit me. Shes is small like 55kg or so maybe her board hit me lower but I had no paid. Worth mentioning I guess.
6. Backpack Europe for a month with a bag about 10kg heavy.
7. In the phillipines for 6 weeks trainning at boxing camp. Got dengue fever and was bed ridden for 3 weeks getting better.
It was during this time I got bad back pain.
8. When I saw the first Chiropractor a month later he did a thing were he put these pads on my lower back that kinda electrucuted me lol but it helped. I got a massage also and this was from th assistant. The Chiropractor also did an adjustment for me and stretched me out properly.
I had 3 sessions in that week. He gave me stretches to do for my legs basically telling me that the pain happened due to my legs getting all tense and pulling on my back and it was even worse as I was training in a boxing camp 2x a day and then went right to being beriden and that I shouldnt have done it as ever professional dont train 2x a day and I was doing it when I was about 120kg.
9. See a differnt chirpractor. She says she doesn't really agree with the concept of the back issues coming from being bedriden but says it's not a good idea for anyone, it's bad and and it playred a part.
She says it's a combination of having a knee injury, doing the boxing camp when I relly shouldn't have, travelling around backpacking with a bag after the injusry and a year of not using a proper desk and chair as I was working from backpackers making do with spaces to work from.
She gives me a few different stretches.
10. 6 weeks later pain is still here so I see another chiropractor 3x over 3 weeks or so. He is trainied in different forms of massage, reflexology, chiro, physio.
He does an adjustment each week for 3 weeks and give me a different story. He tells me I have back pain as my back is weak in the lower section.
He gives me instructions to do crunches, superman style back excersise one side at a time, one where I lay on my gut and lift up my chest and also hang from a door to stretch my back out but while my feet are still on the ground.
Soory for the long story but there is a lot that happeened so it needed to be said!
So right now it's been 8.5 months since I hit the tree snowboarding and 4.5 months since the backpain started.
Sometimes it's not there. But most of the time it is. It started as a maybe 7/10 pain and is not more of a passive paid of 1/10 to 2/10 on a pain scale of 10. If I sit on the left side it hurts more and always has. If I go for a long walk it hurts more. There are not manytimes it's not there. I wake up some days and it's not there but most of the time it is.
I can touch my toes but it's still and get down to pick stuff up but I fell stiff. Sometimes it's easier also like right now as I just did my daily stretches.
So any advice on a plan of action?
Obviously loose more weight and get fit and I'm back on the ski hill in 3 weeks for another season so riding for 4.5 months there should get rid of all my weight as I'm going to take my diet very serious.
But any advice of what to do to get rid of this lowerback pain?
Right now my thoughts are along the lines of this is a bit silly as people break their backs, get all sorts of crazy injuries and heal up fully.
And I have some silly little injury that wont go away.
So I would really appreciate any advice. I want to fully get rid of this paid and just get my life back lol