Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Triple cervical fusion

Blocky90BBlocky90 Posts: 2
edited 11/12/2014 - 5:16 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello I am 24 years old and had a triple (c3,c6 ) fusion when I was in the marine corps almost three years ago. I recovered well and so far have not had any problems except for some stiffness. My main concern which causes me severe anxiety is that later I will have more complications. My theory is now that 3 discs are missing the upper and lower discs are taking more load and will eventually herniate. I'm worried all the time. I don't know what my restricted activities are. I lift pretty hard at the gym and never notice much problem and surprisingly I have a lot of range of motion still. Does anyone know how I may fair the older I get. Will I eventually be in a wheel chair? I'm scared of this guys, all comments are appreciated.

• Thanks for all the replies guys. Wow.
  • With cervical vertebrae, but probably what you say is true, just like for lumbar, that the vertebrae below and above the fusion will take on more load. Many people end up with additional surgery later on, but to see yourself in a wheelchair right away seems overly pessimistic. Did they tell you anything after you had your final checkup regarding what to expect, what restrictions I, if any, you have?