Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Newby here wondering if any of you get drop attacks??

gemlou78ggemlou78 Posts: 5
edited 11/12/2014 - 4:13 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, so I have multilevel cervical disc disease with bulging, extruding, impingement on nerves ect.
My right arm is often useless, I have had episodes of it in my right leg to and knee contracture.
I get vertigo, awful headaches, blurry vision sometimes with transient vision loss in right eye.
Most scary is drop attacks and fainting.
So far only seen arrogant locum consultants who say 'yeah yeah yeah it's all to do with your neck'
I'm starting gabapentin today and on waiting list for physio.

Do any of you get this? Has your consultant said it's due to beck? My Gp thinks they should image my lumbar spine in case something there is causing the drop attacks but locum just said he doesn't need to as the state of my neck would mean lumbar will be similar.
I'm a hairdresser and Im signed off for two weeks but can barely walk, and hand useless.
My husband thinks I should stop working and claim pip till I'm better but I'm scared of the atos assessment process.

Can anyone give me some advice please x
degenerative cervical disc disease c2-3 to c6-c7
Straightening lordosis reversal c5-c6
Protrusion cord c3-c4
protrusion impinging left side cord
C6-7 discal extrusion compressing c7 nerve root